Mounting the Fabric Raceway
MOUNTING THE FABRIC RACEWAY
All of our complexes are made to be mounted into at least two studs, with these instructions assuming the standard 16″ between studs. If your studs are spaced differently and you spoke with us about custom bracket spacing for your order, adjust the procedures accordingly.
If you cannot find a stud where you want your complex to be mounted, you can always buy heavy duty drywall anchors at your local hardware store.
TOOLS YOU NEED
- Stud Finder
- 7/64″ drill bit
- 1/8″ drill bit
- Phillips Head Screwdriver and/or Bit
- Drywall Anchors (only for non-stud mounting)
12 – screws
This piece is easiest to put up with an extra person to help hold pieces as you mount others. It uses four studs, spaced 16″ on center apart from one another. Make sure the fabric is stretched tight, so the cats will have an easier time walking on it.
1. Using a stud finder and a pencil, find the four studs you are using and mark the center of each stud.
2. First, using a level, mount the 18” shelf, making sure you secure the first bracket into the center of the stud. (The rest of the brackets should end up in the centers of their respective studs if the first one is mounted correctly.)
3. Stretching the long length of fabric (the one without ladder pieces) straight out to the left of the shelf, and using a level, mount the first plank two studs down. Then, working from this plank, stretch the next length of fabric straight up and mount the next plank into the same stud. Stretch the next length to the right and mount the next plank one stud over.
4. Stretch the length of fabric with the ladder pieces down and to the left, at a 45 degree angle, and mount it one stud to the left of the shelf.